Global Business Management Consultants (GBMC) has over 10 years in the PM² Project Management Methodology. GBMC is a contributor to the PM² Methodology of the European Commission and has been offering PM² Training and Consulting since 2008. GBMC has a large experience providing training, coaching and methodology deployment in private and public organizations.
This two-day Project Management seminar is designed to provide a focused introduction to the PM² Methodology along with an overview of all the core PM² elements and plans.
What is PM²?
PM² is a Project Management Methodology developed by the European Commission.
It is available to the general public in the form of the “PM² Guide—Open Edition”, which was published under an open source license in November 2016 updated in 2018.
PM² enables Project Managers to deliver solutions and benefits to their organisations through the effective management of project work. PM² is a light and easy-to-use methodology which incorporates elements from a wide range of globally accepted project management best practices described in standards and methodologies such as PMBOK, PRINCE2, IPMAICB. It also captures operational experience from projects run within the European Institutions.
The PM² Methodology provides:
▪ A Project Governance Model (i.e. roles & responsibilities)
▪ A Project Lifecycle (i.e. project phases) ▪ A set of Processes (i.e. project management activities and guidelines)
▪ A set of Project Artefacts (i.e. templates and guidelines)
▪ A set of Mindsets (i.e. effective beliefs and behaviours)
▪ A link to agile practices (Agile PM²).
Over the two days, a number of exercises and workshops will provide hands-on experience of both core Project Management tools and techniques and key PM² templates.
• Introduction to projects, programs, portfolios and PM methodologies.
• The PM² focus on outputs, outcomes and business implementation.
• The PM² Governance model and its roles & responsibilities. • The PM² mindsets and professional virtues.
• The PM² Project lifecycle – Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitor & Control, Closing.
• PM² management processes, key tools, core techniques.
• Key PM² templates – the Business Case, Project Charter, Project Handbook and Project Work Plan templates.
• The four PM² Logs and the Stakeholder Matrix.
• Workshops focused on PM² templates.
• PM² Certification – tips and tricks.
• In-class practice quizzes.
This seminar is open to all. Prior experience in project management or working on projects is useful but not required.
Having completed this seminar, you will appreciate the benefits of using a project management methodology, be more effective at managing (or participating in) projects, and be familiar with the PM² Governance model and its roles, responsibilities, processes, templates and mindsets. You will be in a position to start implementing some of the most essential Project Management best practices, tools and techniques.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or download your registration form here and email to email@example.com