Learn the best practices for successful project management
You will explore every component of the project management landscape, including planning, controlling, reporting, team building, leadership, communications, and motivation. This includes finding effective solutions for your own real challenges by interacting with leading experts and your peers. And you will learn how to use effective management techniques to transform complex ideas into a structured and successful plan, and how to manage multi-disciplinary teams through good leadership, motivation and team building to accomplish large projects.
You will assess your performance using an online assessment – the Inventory of Project Management Kit™ – to compare your results to an international benchmark. You can put the concepts you learn during Project Management in Practice into action at work immediately.
Upon successful completion of this programme you will receive a certificate from RSM recognised by the Project Management Institute, and 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs). These can be applied to obtaining the title of Project Management Professional certification. To apply for certification you need an additional 12 PDUs (i.e. by online training) and prove of practical experience. Read the Project Management Institute webpages for more information.
During the programme, you will:
- learn how to organise and support projects
- explore best practices and tools in planning, organising, controlling, managing project risks, and successfully delivering projects
- discover how to create interactive project teams and empower them
- investigate the personal competencies that are vital for successful project management
- put your new knowledge into practice if you choose to work on your own projects during the course.
We recommend participants stay at the Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark Hotel, adjacent to the university and less than five minutes’ walk from campus. Participants benefit from special rates.