PM² is a Project Management Methodology developed by the European Commission. It is available to the general public in the form of the “PM² Guide – Open Edition”, which was published under an open source license in November 2016 and updated in 2018.
PM² enables Project Managers and Teams to deliver solutions and benefits to their organisations through the effective management of project work.
PM² is a light and easy-to-use methodology which incorporates elements from a wide range of globally accepted project management best practices described in standards and methodologies such as PMBOK, PRINCE2, IPMA-ICB. It also captures operational experience from projects run within the European Institutions and is suitable for any public or private organisation.
The PM² Methodology provides:
- A Project Governance Model (i.e. roles & responsibilities)
- A Project Lifecycle (i.e. project phases)
- A set of Processes (i.e. project management activities and guidelines)
- A set of Project Artefacts (i.e. templates and guidelines)
- A set of Mindsets (i.e. effective beliefs and behaviours)
- A link to agile practices (Agile PM²).
The PM² Guide – Open Edition is available for free through the EU Bookshop.