Build a solid foundation of project management knowledge, techniques and tools.
You have been assigned to manage a project or you are participating in a project as a team member. You probably have heard or read a lot on project management. However, how do you structure the project, how do you plan it effectively and how do you take control over its implementation?
How able are you to establish and explain the scope, schedule, cost and quality of your projects? How do you measure progress and success against those factors?
As the business world grows more competitive, organizations find it necessary to take on an increasing number of projects. Unfortunately, these same organizations often don’t have skilled project managers to handle the work. In this programme, you will learn and practice the critical tools and techniques that have been proven necessary for project management success. In lectures, discussions and exercises, you’ll cover the essential aspect of managing projects.
While aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) framework, this programme is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of concepts. You’ll return to work with the knowledge and tools you need to get your projects started right and completed successfully.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Ensure that your projects are set-up for success from the start
- Learn the basics for effectively gathering and documenting requirements
- Understand the role of the project manager, business analyst, and others in managing projects
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks—and turn that plan into successful action
- Learn how to effectively track and report on project progress
- Gain the respect of your project team and build credibility with top management
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 3 interactive days